Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My little box of pretty things

I have a little box.  It's actually an old cash box that I picked up at my local thrift shop.  It houses a lot of my favorite things. Some of the things that I collect are: vintage lace, ribbon, old spools with new ribbon carefully wrapped around them and pinned, embroidered trim, trims of all kinds, millinery flowers, bits and bobs of pure, lovely bliss.  I was organizing it today and decided to share...






 The petite box above was sent to me from a lovely Etsy shop, Julie Collings's Vintage Handmade.  I contacted her requesting one of her little art picnic boxes in tones of pink, aqua and cream.   These are just some of the items, in the photo, that were in the box.  She had filled it with lovely trims and bits, so beautiful.  All topped off with a darling millinery bunch, on top, as well.  She is an artist.  Go check out her shop, I know you will love it.




Do you like vintage trims and bits?  What do you collect?

1 comment:

Scott said...

I collect bottles and cool old stuff.